February 6, 2012 in Snacks
I learned this recipe from an episode of America’s Next Top Model, I don’t know which cycle, because I really don’t watch the show religiously but if it’s on, I watch it anyway.
So, this recipe is very simple to make, you can make it in 3 minutes. It’s a bit unhealthy, but there’s nothing wrong with splurging once in a while.
Here what you need and what you need to do to enjoy this awesome delicious snack.
- Pancake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Prepare the pancake mix as directed on the instructions on the back of the box.
- Heat the pan until it is hot enough and then add the vegetable oil.
- Dip the oreos into the the pancake batter until it is completely covered.
- When the vegetable oil is hot enough, put one battered oreo onto the pan. Do not crowd the pan and make sure that there is ample space between the oreos so they don’t stick together.
- Deep fry the battered oreo for about 2 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel.
Oreo – If you find oreos too sweet, you can substitute it for any type of cookie sandwich that you want.
Pancake Mix – I use the Maya brand of pancake mix because it is not sweet as compared to other brands like Pillsbury, if the pancake mix is too sweet, the pancaked oreo will be too sweet and won’t taste as awesome.
Vegetable Oil – You can use any other cooking oil like palm or coconut oil. You can’t use sesame oil or olive oil however, because these oils have their own flavor which will not go well with the oreo and pancake batter, you can try however.
You can do pretty much whatever you want to do, it’s your snack after all, I’m just sharing what works for me. Give it a try, you’ll so love it!